Image Segmentation, Computer Vision, and Category Recognition
Received “ISCA Young Scientist Award 2017-18” by Indian Science Congress Association.
- Related Press Coverage: Click here
Anusha Prabhu, Giri Nandagopal, Prakash Peralam Yegneswaran, Vijendra Prabhu, Ujjwal Verma, and Naresh Mani, “Thread integrated smart-phone imaging facilitates early turning point colorimetric assay for microbes” RSC Advances (Royal Society of Chemistry Journal), Vol 10, Issue 45, pp 26853-26861, 2020, DOI = https://doi.org/10.1039/D0RA05190J
Manohara Pai, Vaibhav Mehrotra, Ujjwal Verma and R. M. Pai, “Improved Semantic Segmentation of Water bodies and Land In SAR Images using Generative Adversarial Networks”, International Journal of Semantic Computing , Vol 14, No. 1, p. 55-69, 2020
S. Girisha, Manohara M. Pai, Ujjwal Verma and Radhika Pai, “Performance Analysis of Semantic Segmentation Algorithms for Finely Annotated New UAV Aerial Video Dataset (ManipalUAVid),” in IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 136239-136253, 2019. doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2941026 PDF Project Page
Manohara Pai, Vaibhav Mehrotra, S. Aiyar, Ujjwal Verma and R. M. Pai, “Automatic Segmentation of River and Land in SAR Images: A Deep Learning Approach,” 2019 IEEE Second International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Knowledge Engineering (AIKE), Sardinia, Italy, 2019, pp. 15-20. doi: 10.1109/AIKE.2019.00011 PDF
S Girisha, Manohara Pai, Ujjwal Verma, Radhika Pai, “Semantic segmentation of UAV aerial videos using convolutional neural networks”, 2019 IEEE Second International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Knowledge Engineering (AIKE), Sardinia, Italy, 2019, pp. 21-27. doi: 10.1109/AIKE.2019.00012
Ujjwal Verma, Florence Rossant and Isabelle Bloch, Segmentation and size estimation of tomatoes from sequences of paired images, EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing, Springer, vol 2015, no. 1, p. 33, 2015 (Impact Factor: 2.08)
Ujjwal Verma, Florence Rossant, Isabelle Bloch, Julien Orensanz, and Denis Boisgontier, Segmentation of tomatoes in open field images with shape and temporal constraints, in Pattern Recognition Applications and Methods (A. Fred, M. De Marsico, and A. Tabbone, eds.), vol. 9443 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 162-178, Springer, 2015.
- July - Nov 2019: Motion and Geometry Based Methods in Computer Vision, Computer Organization and Architechture
- Jan- May 2019: Computer Vision
- July-Nov 2018: Motion and Geometry Based Methods in Computer Vision
- Jan-May 2018: Computer Vision
- August-Nov 2017: Motion and Geometry Based Methods in Computer Vision
- Ph.D. from Telecom ParisTech, University of Paris-Saclay, Paris (France)
- Dissertation Topic: Analysis of Images in Precision Agriculture: Monitoring the Growth of Tomatoes
- M.S. (Research) in Signal and Image Processing from Telecom Bretagne (France)
- Computer Vision project with Cleed, Paris (France) (2017-18)
- Project Title: Apparel Classification for Intelligent Shopping Assistant.
- Investigators: Dr. Ujjwal Verma
- Brief Description:
- As in-charge, Computer Vision, Cleed, I am responsible for developing algorithms for recognizing the different types and subtypes of clothes and its attributes.
- Used state of the art image recognition algorithms such as CNN’s (ResNet, Inception) along with image segmentation.
- Dataset containing more than 500 000 images provided by Cleed.
- This project is managed by Cleed (incubated at Telecom ParisTech Entrepreneurs), France
- Seed Money Grant (2017-18) from Manipal McGill Center for Infectious Diseases (Center of Excellence established by Manipal University, India and McGill University, Montreal, Canada). Project Title: PADS: Engineering Miniaturized Paper-based Analytical Devices for Point-of-Care (POC) diagnosis & antibiotic susceptibility of Candidiasis. Investigators: Dr. Naresh Mani, Dr. Prakash P.Y. and Dr. Ujjwal Verma
- Assistant Director (Research and Consultancy), Manipal Institute of Technology (2018-2019)
- Joint Secretary, IEEE Mangalore Sub-Section (2019)
- Student Activities Chair, IEEE Mangalore Sub-Section (2017)
- Faculty Advisor, ISTE Students’ Chapter Manipal
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka (India)